Tbaytel Corporate Security
To protect your privacy and prevent disturbing situations, Tbaytel Corporate Security will help you ensure your safety.
Obscene, Threatening or Harassing Calls
- Don't talk to the caller.
- Hang up quietly. Don't display emotion or alarm.
- Never indicate that you are alone.
- Advise children not to give information to strangers. When you are not home, have them say "My parents can't come to the phone right now."
- Women and children should be listed in the Tbaytel Directory by surname and initials rather than by given names, which help indicate gender or age.
- Recorded greetings on answering machines should not include your name or indicate that you are not home. A message might say: "Hello. Your call cannot be answered at the moment. Please leave your name, number and a brief message after the beep and your call will be returned as soon as possible. Thanks."
- Use Call Trace if calls persist (see instructions on this page).
- For more information or assistance, call Tbaytel Security. We cooperate with police agencies in the identification and prosecution of unlawful calls.
Refer to Call Management and Custom Calling Features for features that help you manage nuisance calls.
Fax or modem calls on your voice line will make a beeping or screeching sound. Most fax calls received on a voice line are wrong numbers or misdirected. If calls persist, contact Tbaytel Security.
Live Voice or Fax Solicitation
Most hang-up or dead air calls are related to incomplete telemarketing calls. Predictive dialers, which assist in making live or fax calls, can reload numbers into the dialing queue. If calls persist, contact Tbaytel Security.
Some out-of-city directory firms send annual mailings to Thunder Bay businesses and include an ad cut out of the Tbaytel Directory Yellow Pages™. These firms are not associated with Tbaytel or its Directory.
If you are uncertain, call Tbaytel's agent, Yellow Pages™ Group Inc., at 1-800-848-8353.
Yellow Pages is a trademark of Yellow Pages Group Inc.
Sale of Directory Files
Tbaytel provides a complete set of listings to an independent telephone directory publisher for the sole purpose of publishing telephone directories. The listing information is used only to compile and publish directories and is not shared, re-sold, rented or otherwise disposed of to any third party.
Tbaytel Employee Identification
Every employee carries a photo identification card with the Tbaytel logo, the employee's name and photograph. If you are uncertain, ask to see the employee ID card. All Tbaytel employees will show you proper ID without hesitation.
Call Trace makes it possible to trace the source of harassing and obscene calls including those from blocked numbers. Call Trace should only be used in serious situations when you plan to take legal action against the caller. Tbaytel will only release Call Trace information to the police.
Charge for Call Trace
Call Trace is $5.00 per successful trace to a maximum of $10.00 within your monthly billing period. Pay only if the number is successfully traced. You will be charged for the trace whether or not the police request the trace information.
How to Use Call Trace
- Hang up after answering the call.
- Pick up the receiver and listen for the dial tone, then press *57 on a tone dialing phone or, dial 1157 on a rotary phone or cordless phone.
- Wait and a voice message will tell you if your call has been successfully traced.
- Record the time, date that the trace was activated, and write down everything you can remember about the call.
- Report the harassing and obscene calls to the police.
Tbaytel Corporate Security Inquiries
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Click for more info.Customer Service Inquiries
Call Customer Service: 807-623-4400 or 1-800-264-9501
Email Customer Service: email@example.com
Email Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
Customer Service at 1046 Lithium Drive is closed to in-person traffic.