Many simple problems can be solved using Tbaytel Troubleshooting. First try to identify and fix these problems from your home or business. If you are unsuccessful, report the problem to Repair Service.
For home, business or public telephone problems, 24-hours: 611
When calling from outside the City or, from a cellular phone to report problems with your landline phone: 1-807-623-4114
If calling from a cellular phone, applicable airtime charges apply.
When calling from outside Thunder Bay and within the 807 area code to report problems with a landline: 1-866-702-4114
Please unplug all customer-owned equipment before calling Repair so the line can be tested properly.
When calling from a landline phone:
When calling from a cellular phone:
Call Tech Support at:
Why Won't My Phone Work?
- Check to see that all telephones are hung up.
- If you have only one phone and it unplugs, take it to a friend's house and plug it in. If it doesn't work, you probably have an equipment problem.
- If you have two or more phones that unplug, unplug all of them and try them one at a time in each phone jack or outlet. If one phone doesn't work anywhere, you probably have an equipment problem. If none of the phones work in a particular jack, you may have a jack problem.
- Borrow a friend's phone and try it in each of your jacks. If it doesn't work in a particular jack, you probably have a jack problem. If it doesn't work in any jack, you may have a Tbaytel line problem.
- If your phone doesn't unplug, contact Tbaytel Repair.
- If you have customer-owned equipment such as phones, answering machines, speakerphones, cordless phones, a security system or night bells, unplug all of them. If your telephone service works without the added equipment, you probably have an equipment problem.
- If you rent a phone from Tbaytel and the troubleshooting check indicates that the telephone set is the problem, bring the set into Customer Service.
Rapid Busy Signal
When you hear this signal, it means that all telephone circuits are busy. Wait a few minutes, and then try your call again.
Noise on the Line
Weather, aerial satellites, poor grounding or other temporary conditions can cause excess noise. If noise persists, refer to Troubleshooting on this page to help isolate the problem. Because cordless telephones operate on radio frequencies, they can receive interference from radio transmitters and other cordless phones. Contact your cordless telephone manufacturer for assistance.
A diagnostic maintenance fee is charged if Tbaytel makes a repair visit and finds that customer-owned equipment is causing the problem. If the trouble is caused by Tbaytel equipment, no charge is levied.
Monthly rental equipment charges from Tbaytel include full repair service. If you own your own equipment, repairs to that equipment are your responsibility, but Tbaytel maintains the line.
Click for more info.Customer Service Inquiries
Call Customer Service: 807-623-4400 or 1-800-264-9501
Email Customer Service: email@example.com
Email Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
Customer Service at 1046 Lithium Drive is closed to in-person traffic.